This and the previous blog entry are an homage to:
1) Predator, the iconic film by John Campbell McTiernan, Jr. with the great performances of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura, Shane Black, Bill Duke, Sonny Landham, Richard Chaves, Elpidia Carrillo and Kevin Peter Hall (also known as --in order --major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer, George Dillon, Blain Cooper, Rick Hawkins, Mac Eliot, Billy Sole, Jorge "Poncho" Ramírez, Anna and the Predator).
2) A series of animations called "Madness Combat" by Matthew "Matt" D. Jolly, also known as Krinkels. This part of the homage was really because I wanted to make some money on account of a contest, but it must account to something, right ?
And in a lesser manner (meaning, a little throughout both animations and in the final part of the second one) an homage to:
1) Sin City, both Frank Miller' graphic novel and Robert Rodríguez' adaptation (who would then go on to produce Predators --or Predator 3 --, a sequel that could have easily been an action short of between five and fifteen minutes).
2) Alien, Sir Ridley Scott's piece. Performing Sigourney Weaver (in her first lead role), Tom Skerrit, Veronica Cartwright, Ian Holm, John Hurt, Yaphet Kotto, Harry Dean Stanton and Bolaji Badejo (who are --again, in order --Ellen Ripley, captain Dallas, Lambert, Ash, Kane, Parker, Brett and the Alien).
3) Aliens, the refreshing sequel (contrary to Predator 2) directed by James Francis Cameron and with the acting capabilities of Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Carrie Henn, Lance Henriksen, Al Matthews, William Hope, Jenette Goldstein, Bill Paxton, Mark Rolston, Ricco Ross, Tip Tipping, Trevor Steedman, Daniel Kash and Paul Reiser (or Ellen Ripley, corporal Dwayne Hicks, Newt, Bishop, sargeant Al Apone, liutenant William Gorman, privates Jenette Vasquez, William Hudson, Mark Drake, Ricco Frost, Tim Crowe, Trevor Wierzbowski, Daniel Spunkmeyer and Carter Burke).